I wish to start a web-based dropshipping business, but I do not know getting started. I would like to specialize in giftware and accessories. Where should i find products and how can i get put in place a site without any technical knowledge? – Beth N.
Great question, Beth. In the traditional events of the Internet, i.e. this past year :o), it took plenty of effort to launch an ecommerce website, especially one who offered turnkey dropship websites.
The to-do list for building a good small site was extensive.
· You first had to find a company who would turnkey dropship websites merchandise for you personally. Surprisingly, there is not a dropshipper on every corner of the Web in the past.
· Once you found this kind of company, you had to setup a proper business account using them, which regularly meant filling in forms, jumping through hoops, providing all of them with proof of an organization license, a tax ID number, a pint of blood, the promise of the first born, and so on.
Then a real fun began.
· You needed to tear apart the company’s print catalogs and scan from the pictures of merchandise you desired to sell on the site.
· You had to build the web site by hand with an HTML editor, and kind in all of the product descriptions and costs, which made updating the internet site a manual nightmare. Changing $1.95 to $2.95 could literally take 30 minutes.
· You experienced to find a dependable hosting company to host the website. This is harder than you may think. Locating a dependable hosting company inside the golden age of the net was like finding a painless dentist within the old west. They simply didn’t exist. You needed to opt for the hosting company that you just hoped would result in the very least level of pain. And also you were always wrong.
· You experienced to sign up a domain address. This part was fairly easy, IF you had the genius IQ expected to think up a coherent website address that had been not already taken by another business or even a &^%$# cyber-squatter (low level life forms who register domains and ransom these people to individuals and companies that may really rely on them).
· So when you finally think you might have considered everything there is certainly to consider, that you have done everything that must be done, you launch the internet site amid little fanfare and much prayer.
Then it suddenly occurs for your needs (always in the center of the evening) that the one thing you forgot to build in to your new site is a method for your personal customers to cover their purchase online with a charge card (there seemed to be no Pay Pal in the dark ages, my child…).
You awake inside a cold sweat lastly realise why you haven’t sold one particular Beanie Baby because your site was introduced.
Ah, the excellent past… Thank God they are gone.
Lucky for you personally and me, Beth, now there are several companies on the internet that will help folks like us set up a turnkey dropship website without ever breaking a sweat.
By turnkey, After all they offers you a complete, payment-enabled website and the merchandise to market on the website. All you do is turn the real key (as it were) to start your brand-new business.
You choose the style of the website, the products you need to sell, and so they take it from there. They are able to demonstrate the best way to setup a web-based payment system, assist you to register your own domain name, offer technical support, and a lot more.
It is up to anyone to market the site and drive customers with it, but in some cases companies may even help you do that with free google search submissions and marketing tips. You can even sell the merchandise at online auctions like eBay and Yahoo! Auctions. There is absolutely no quicker way to get turnkey dropship websites in a matter of days.